Oasis 29 March 2019 cruise

We are on this cruise and hearing two different rumors even though we haven’t heard anything from Royal.  Has anyone heard anything?

Rumor One  Some passengers are being notified the cruise is canceled because the Oasis needs maintenance maintenance...Strange during spring break.  This is being done by Royal to make room for some special group booking. 

Romor Two is the cruise is canceled for maintenance. 

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Are you sure you have the dates right?  March 29, 2019 is a Friday.  Oasis leaves on Sundays in March 2019 and all those sailings still show up as available on their site.  If you meant March 29, 2020, that sailing also still shows as available?

I fat fingered the date it’s the 31st of March 2019...Thanks for pointing that out

If you are talking about Oasis, leaving Port Canaveral on March 31, we were notified by email that it is canceled!!!!!!  SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!  I was told it was maintenance.  We were given a few other choices to switch, but everything is full or not a date we can even work with or THOUSANDS of dollars more!  RIDICULOUS!  We booked this cruise over a year ago and had kids sail free, but they will not honor that deal on any other date, no help at all.  We are screwed out of our vacation we have been planning with literally no options.  They are not being accommodating at all.  It is less than 4 months away...    

Sassywarden we have not received anything from Royal or TA.  We did call our TA yesterday and was told they had reached out to Royal and were told there were some changes made but won’t release the information till Monday.  We have a group of friends also on the cruise and none of them have heard anything either. 

Hello,

My husband and I were suppose to be on the cruise. Our TA notified us yesterday and sent us our options. Since we already had our airfare (we're from Michigan), we decided to take the offer to go on the Allure (out of Miami). They moved us to the same room category and we did not have to pay the difference. But we did have to pay an extra $50 in port fees. They honored our existing Oasis cruise fare. They would not honor my BOGO 50% off drink package. They are canceling that out and said to just look and keep fingers crossed for another sale.

This was our first RC cruise after 7 Disney cruises. I am somewhat taken back by their lack of compensation. We now have to adjust of flights to allow a 3.5 hour drive back to MCO..not to mention the cost of a car rental there and back as well as gas. They are offering up to $200 for change flights. But Delta wants a lot more than that!!!!

I really hope that once we get on the ship, the bad customer service that we've experienced will go away and we'll have a new found love for RC...but I'm not holding my breath. 

29 minutes ago, Tamman said:

Hello,

My husband and I were suppose to be on the cruise. Our TA notified us yesterday and sent us our options. Since we already had our airfare (we're from Michigan), we decided to take the offer to go on the Allure (out of Miami). They moved us to the same room category and we did not have to pay the difference. But we did have to pay an extra $50 in port fees. They honored our existing Oasis cruise fare. They would not honor my BOGO 50% off drink package. They are canceling that out and said to just look and keep fingers crossed for another sale.

This was our first RC cruise after 7 Disney cruises. I am somewhat taken back by their lack of compensation. We now have to adjust of flights to allow a 3.5 hour drive back to MCO..not to mention the cost of a car rental there and back as well as gas. They are offering up to $200 for change flights. But Delta wants a lot more than that!!!!

I really hope that once we get on the ship, the bad customer service that we've experienced will go away and we'll have a new found love for RC...but I'm not holding my breath. 

Usually RCCL will give compensation for cancelling a cruise. I had two cruises cancelled previously and each time I received  $200.00 OBC and $350.00 for air fare.

I did receive the $200 OBC (which is really just $100 more than what I was getting on the Oasis) and we are only getting $200 for air fare only IF we rebook on another cruise. The $200 doesn't cover my airfare change...as of yesterday rates its $291 PP. $350 would have covered the airfare change. This is spring break for most of Michigan and I am a teacher so I can't book for another date. Oh well, I am trying to remain positive and I am excited to see all that RC has to offer. 

1 minute ago, Tamman said:

I did receive the $200 OBC (which is really just $100 more than what I was getting on the Oasis) and we are only getting $200 for air fare only IF we rebook on another cruise. The $200 doesn't cover my airfare change...as of yesterday rates its $291 PP. $350 would have covered the airfare change. This is spring break for most of Michigan and I am a teacher so I can't book for another date. Oh well, I am trying to remain positive and I am excited to see all that RC has to offer. 

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I am a teacher from Chicago. Yes, we try to take our cruises while we are on breaks.

We got notified by our TA on Monday! We elected to move to the Allure sailing the same dates...Just out of Miami now and a different itinerary.  Just replied back to our TA email with our choice and they made it happen...No fuss or muss.  Got 200 OBC!  

We had booked this cruise over over a year ago to intrudce or son and family to cruising.  We had connecting ocean balcony’s but now now we are on separate decks but with the same category rooms.  We are not going to let this ruin our cruise.  After so many years in the military...Ive learn that S#*” happens. Adapt and overcome.