Has anyone ever gifted a cruise?

Auto

We gifted this New Year's cruise to my parents. This is a thank you for being the best parents in the Global World. We gave them a box full of party favors for New Year's. In the bottom of the box was their cruise documents. My parents were stunned and now they are packing. Look out Anthem, here comes my parents.

My parents bought my family’s Alaska cruise coming up July 2019 on Ovation of the Seas for my family. My son had a Bar Mitzvah last year and this is their gift to him and us.

We had a idea it was coming but my son didn’t. They send a letter in the mail to him (All of the family lives in Houston) and he was very happy and surprised. 

I surprised my wife for our first cruise.  I added Royal Caribbean logos to a blow up ship bath toy and taped our itinerary to the bottom of.  It was wrapped up for Christmas!  The bonus was or kids got an additional toy too!  I had pre-planned with my in laws that they could watch our kids too  so it was our first kid free trip in a long time!

On 12/8/2018 at 1:57 PM, Auto said:

And how did you reveal the gift?

Looking for ideas how to reveal that I put a deposit down for a cruise with my wife and her sisters and husbands. 

I've done it 3 times...

The first 2 times we had pictures of the ship printed up along with all the travel documents. I told my parents the dates they were going away and sent a packing list.

The next time we had to coordinate between my folks and my then in-laws so we just showed them the itinerary and had them figure out the date.

The last time I called and asked my folks if we could get them to babysit their granddaughter the night we went to Chops...