Best and worst: aft balconies

Haven't found one yet that we didn't like. We book these on most sailings.

Some are better than others though. Have heard people complain about the aft balconies on Radiance class deck 7 as they were on top of the aft lounge on deck 6. We tried one once and although we could hear some music, it wasn't enough to keep me from sleeping. We would book a deck 7 aft again. Same could be said for the Vision class ships.

For size alone, the Voyager class 7388, 7688, are very large. As are the Freedom class 7708, and 7408. On these , the hammock is a must.

DSCN6502.jpg

DSCN4701.JPG

30 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Still a newbie here!  So we are looking at Radiance for an Alaska trip in 2020 (thank you all, especially Annette, for helping with my TA issues!).  Would you recommend an aft balcony? 

Alaskan cruise would be one place where i would consider an aft balcony over any other cruise.

After reading about aft balconies and seeing pics i was super eager to get one.  I stalked the RC site the morning that Alaska 2020 was supposed to go on sale and after a few hours of it not showing up I decided to be "naive" and call RC directly.  At first even their rep didint think they were on sale yet but he checked and they were!!  I was able to grab the corner aft on 8th deck of Radiance.  so excited to hang out there on cruise days and just enjoy the Alaskan coast sailing by.  Plan on a tri-pod out their for my camera and a good set of binoculars.  Would be awesome if i can hear the Naturist talks form there but doubt it

Just now, jce2 said:

I stalked the RC site the morning that Alaska 2020 was supposed to go on sale and after a few hours of it not showing up I decided to be "naive" and call RC directly.  At first even their rep didint think they were on sale yet but he checked and they were!! 

The same exact scenario happened to me a couple of years ago with the Panama Canal cruises.  I just happened to call at the exact time that the new itins were being loaded into the computer and I was able to book an aft JS on Vision before anyone else even knew the cruises were for sale !