Live-ish from Adventure of the Seas - December 8th through 16th, 2018

accio7

1 minute ago, tiny260 said:

You don't really need to book or join a tour unless you tend to have problems with directions. With where the ship docks (Old Town), you really can't go wrong. I seem to recall there are some self guided tours that you can get on your smart phone, with this being a US territory you don't have to worry about using your cell phone.

Old San Juan is very beautiful and historic, I will be there in January 17th and plan on walking to the second fort (Assuming it's open with the Government shutdown) and site seeing and then back to the ship.

We loved being there pre-cruise but would love a good self-guide tour on my phone since this will be my 16 year old’s first visit and with the short time I don’t want to miss anything.  I’m very directionally challenged so here is hoping lol.  Hope the fort is open for you...Rocky Mountain was closed last week but you could still get in and hike.  Jane

Just now, mom2mybugs said:

We loved being there pre-cruise but would love a good self-guide tour on my phone since this will be my 16 year old’s first visit and with the short time I don’t want to miss anything.  I’m very directionally challenged so here is hoping lol.  Hope the fort is open for you...Rocky Mountain was closed last week but you could still get in and hike.  Jane

We have seen del morro, but have not seen the smaller fort, and it is actually closer to the port, just walk off the ship and keep walking straight up the hill and you shouldn't miss it.

We ended up just getting a map and finding our way around, with Google maps on smart phones it should be easy to find you way around.