BEACH BUNGALOWS In Labadee

mworkman

Okay...here's the question of the day.  We will be taking our neice and her friend on a cruise (both 17).  We are thinking about a Beach Bungalow in Labadee, we have 2 reservations 2 rooms on Allure OTS for accommodations. How does it work since we can't select 4 pax on the bungalows on one reservation? Do we have to do two reservations for the bungalows?

I don't know if it's the same on Labadee as CocoCay or not, but when I purchased the bungalow in the cruise planner, I only needed to select myself.  Once you're onboard, they send out a paper that asks the size of your party, list the names and also your lunch choices.  In CocoCay you're allowed up to 6 in a bungalow - doesn't matter if you're on the same reservation or not.

15 minutes ago, twangster said:

Are you looking to acquire a single beach bungalow or two beach bungalows?

With a single bungalow you only select one guest at time of booking.  If you selected two guests, you would end up with two bungalows.  It's kind of the same way multi-device Voom plans work, only 1 guest buys it.

Just 1 beach bungalow is all we need. The confusion for me as i see it,  is it asks for the number of guest ranging from 1-12, but only allowing you to select what you have in your reservation  party for guests. I would hate to select 1 bungalow with 2 listed in the reservations, only to find out upon arrival that it wouldn't be permitted to have anyone else join us.

7 minutes ago, mworkman said:

I would hate to select 1 bungalow with 2 listed in the reservations, only to find out upon arrival that it wouldn't be permitted to have anyone else join us.

I feel sure that would not happen.  You can ask anyone (up to 6 people ?) to join you.  I would just book 1 bungalow and worry about getting the correct names for the reservations, once you get on board.  If they were charging per person it would be a different issue, but it’s a charge per bungalow.  

I actually have one of these booked for Navigator the week of the 16th. You can have as many people that the bungalow accommodates, but you put it under one individual's name, otherwise you will get billed multiple times.

The one I have is at Columbus Cove (it was far less expensive than the ones at Barefoot Beach for the Suites), but I was wondering if anyone had done these before and if they liked them.  I know we have to take either the water taxi or tram to them, so we can't eat at the Suites bbq, but I was curious as to how they were.  I haven't heard from our concierge yet, so I can't ask them.  Any thoughts???

3 hours ago, mworkman said:

Just 1 beach bungalow is all we need. The confusion for me as i see it,  is it asks for the number of guest ranging from 1-12, but only allowing you to select what you have in your reservation  party for guests. I would hate to select 1 bungalow with 2 listed in the reservations, only to find out upon arrival that it wouldn't be permitted to have anyone else join us.

Yes it is confusing but only book 1 bungalow and it is good for up to 8 people.  You will be given a piece of paper to add in names but I never did that and it wasn't a problem upon checkin with the attendant.  

1 minute ago, ladydiinflorida said:

The one I have is at Columbus Cove (it was far less expensive than the ones at Barefoot Beach for the Suites), but I was wondering if anyone had done these before and if they liked them.  I know we have to take either the water taxi or tram to them, so we can't eat at the Suites bbq, but I was curious as to how they were.  I haven't heard from our concierge yet, so I can't ask them.  Any thoughts???

I've done these twice and have another booked for March.  We love these bungalows with the sandy beach and sandy water bottom (no rocks).  You are very close to the BBQ area and we just brought our food to the bungalows to eat.  If you want to eat at the Barefoot Beach BBQ, maybe your concierge could arrange a golf cart for you.   

3 hours ago, mworkman said:

For number of guests you select "1" for one Bungalow.  Use any name in your party to tie to the reservation.  That will buy you one Beach Bungalow which is good for up to 6 people on Labadee.  When you arrive at Columbus Cove and check in, they will put VIP wrist bracelets on everyone in your party.  I've done Labadee Beach Bungalows twice and Coco Cay once.  I've never had to give them a list of names.

15 hours ago, mworkman said:

I had this exact same issue last week when I was trying to book one for myself and friends when we go to Labadee (April 2019). . At first I thought the same and selected the two in my cabin and two in the other cabin that was part of my party thinking it had to be under all of our names (I was paying for it as their Christmas gift).  Freaked me out for a bit when the $250 bungalow was suddenly $1000. I ended up calling in to confirm and what everyone is saying is correct. You just have to purchase it under one name or they will charge you for a bungalow per the person you select  Just buy it under your name in Cruise Planner for 1 person (as the rate is for the bungalow not per person) and you should be good to go! Enjoy!

2 hours ago, ladydiinflorida said:

Are the lounges on the beach included or is this an extra charge? Can't find anywhere.

There is no charge to use the lounge chairs located in various areas on the beach or under the trees.  It's first come, first served.  You can ask an attendant to help set you up or move chairs around if needed.

There is an extra charge option for "beach loungers" that includes two lounge chairs and a sun shade. These are available on the cruise planner and are pre-reserved for a fee.  You reserve one "beach lounger" and it accommodates two people.

15 hours ago, ladydiinflorida said:

Are the lounges on the beach included or is this an extra charge? Can't find anywhere.

No additional cost for any of the loungers.  There will be 2 cushioned loungers in front of your bungalow and these are included in the bungalow cost.  The plastic stripe lounge chairs can be added for additional seating or the attendant can put one by the water for you if you want.  Those are free too.