Pricing Scheme for Solo Cruisers???

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

Can you provide an example of what you are referring to?

Look at, for instance, NotS, 9/25/2020 sailing out of Miami, pricing for solo or double occupancy cruiser is $288pp before taxes/p.c.'s, should be $576pp before taxes/p.c.'s but it shows $617pp before taxes/p.c.'s. $47 difference. Someone is pulling a fast one.

21 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Did a quick look. The 288pp rate is for an inside gty.  However the inside gty isn't available for a solo.

6V ends up right for both solo and double.

From what I've seen in the past the gty rate only allows for double occupancy.

Exactly! Solo cruisers are better off booking double occupancy and do a no show for the second person.

56 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

Exactly! Solo cruisers are better off booking double occupancy and do a no show for the second person.

GTY cabin rates are often offered to deal with less desirable cabins.  Poor locations or other circumstances.  They can also be offered to 'fill the ship' in which case they are restricted to double occupancy.  Basically they are offering a special rate knowing that most guests will spend money on board to make up for the discounted rate.  Solo cruisers are ineligible - only one wallet to spend money on board.  It's been like that for a long time. 

No scandal here, just like some cabins are designated for 3 or more guests and can't be booked by solo or 2 guests - they require 3 guests on the booking.  

1 hour ago, CGTLH said:

Did a quick look. The 288pp rate is for an inside gty.  However the inside gty isn't available for a solo.

From what I've seen in the past the gty rate only allows for double occupancy.

You are correct but once in a while I have been able to book a GTY cabin as a solo.  Generally speaking they are designed for two guests.

42 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

That you don't get.

Solo always get double for a standard cabin that accommodate two guests.  Studio cabins never get double points, including studio GTY cabins which are very rare but are offered at times. 

I've been in situations where a 2nd guest couldn't make it on a GTY booking.  Life happens.  I got double points and triple points on a WS suite GTY booking when my plus one's mother had a medical issue.  

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

If you book as a.solo during the "2nd guest 60%" promo, do you still get double points? The single rate was about $425, and I paid a little over $1000 (no idea how that accommodated the 60% off...can't find an invoice to save my life).

Double C&A points for solo is based on the cabin you sail in.  It sounds like you paid the full single supplement so you should get double points.