Ovation of the Seas activities booked out?

OzFamily

Hi All,

This will be our first time in a RC cruise and after paying quite a large amount of money for 3 cabins for our family I am trying to book on-board activities via my cruise planner however none appears.

I called the contact centre and they just won't tell me if it is available or sold out and said I need to do it on-board but can't guarantee it will be available - 

So my question is, from experience, do you know if the cruise keep spots to be booked on-board?
Activities like Flow rider, Ripcord, North Star and climbing wall clearly are super popular and I just can't imagine be on this wonderful ship and be unable to do the activities.

We did just book the cruise and it sails on 13Jan from Sydney for just 8 nights, so VERY concerned as the ship is full!

Also if anyone can answer, how hard is it to get kids in the kids in the kids club with a full ship during school holidays? We can't pre-book, can we?

Thank you so much for the advice

from a very anxious mama!

14 minutes ago, OzFamily said:

So my question is, from experience, do you know if the cruise keep spots to be booked on-board?
Activities like Flow rider, Ripcord, North Star and climbing wall clearly are super popular and I just can't imagine be on this wonderful ship and be unable to do the activities.

Flowrider Can Not Be Reserved 

Junior Suites do NOT provide priority access to activities, well at least not on most cruises.

Cruising during peak periods will see more demand on popular activities including the FlowRider (and other activities).  Truth be told many such activities are popular on any cruise, peak season or off-peak.  

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Arrive early if so inclined, be prepared and understand.  Everyone else is there to have a good time as should you and your family.  The cruise planner will indicate open times.  In my experience the crew is very friendly and approachable so politely inquire with them to gain insight into future activity times.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Junior Suites do NOT provide priority access to activities, well at least not on most cruises.

Cruising during peak periods will see more demand on popular activities including the FlowRider (and other activities).  Truth be told many such activities are popular on any cruise, peak season or off-peak.  

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Arrive early if so inclined, be prepared and understand.  Everyone else is there to have a good time as should you and your family.  The cruise planner will indicate open times.  In my experience the crew is very friendly and approachable so politely inquire with them to gain insight into future activity times.

Thank you for your reply. So I guess it means we can still do activities event if not booked prior to the cruise, right? might just need to queue up or book on the first day...Fingers crossed!
Thanks again!

We were on Ovation last year from Singapore to Sydney and we could not pre-book any activities on the cruise planner. We just booked when we got onboard so you should be fine. 

From memory the only activities you could pre-book was Pixels.

the bumper cars were busy but if you showed up later in the session the queue was much shorter. People all seem to go at the beginning causing a long queue. Once they have had a go they leave and the queue gets much shorter.

You can't pre-book Flowrider (you can pre book for private lessons or a private rental), rock wall or Adventure Ocean on any ship.   I can't speak to North Star or Rip Cord as I've never done them but I thought you could reserve them on Anthem.  It may be different for Ovation or those could be booked out already.  

I've traveled during many school holidays when the ship has been packed with kids and have never been turned away from Adventure Ocean.  Day time tends to have less kids than the evening hours.

Our last cruise, we had the Sky Pad which was new and that was always busy.  I found going early in the cruise, or 15 minutes before it opened or the last 30 minutes had the fewest line.  The last sea day, it was packed the entire time except right before opening.  I think most people expect to try the ship on the last sea day and so more things are busy so I would try things earlier in the cruise.  You can also try to spend one port day on the ship and the lines will be lower than a sea day but there will also be more limited hours.

Do as much as possible on embarkation day as it tends to have the fewest lines and make sure you wear the proper clothing (ie closed toe shoes for rock wall).   I would check out North Star and Rip Cord first as it could have had pre booking and it could be booked out but they do keep some openings for reservations onboard.

• 7 months later...