Any Allure related requests?

Bobbieajd

29 minutes ago, kuruczpa said:

We are sailing in Feb 2020... I'd love to see the most recent cruise compass. What's the adventure ocean?

Anything else you'd like to share would be great! Enjoy!

Adventure Ocean is the kids area ? I tend to overshare but  I’m bad at “official” reviews ?I’ll be posting a lot of pictures ?

4 minutes ago, Bobbieajd said:

Adventure Ocean is the kids area ? I tend to overshare but  I’m bad at “official” reviews ?I’ll be posting a lot of pictures ?

Awesome, can't wait for your own version of a review and to see some pics! Maybe if you could snap a picture of some menu's that would be great too ?

2 hours ago, irishgirl0525 said:

I would love to know what, if any craft IPA beers they have on board and where is the best bet to get them

We've been on the Allure 4 times. The Bow and Stern Pub on deck 5 (promenade) has the largest varieties of beers on board, as well as mixed drinks. I'm not an IPA fan, so I can't help you there. But, I'm sure you will find an IPA there that will satisfy your thirst.:27_sunglasses:

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 9:24 AM, Matt said:

Would love to hear about the chat feature of Royal Caribbean's app

The chat feature seems to be good if you check your phone. We aren’t getting notifications when the text comes through and it tends to always show offline for us. But it’s definitely good for checking in with each other. The rest of the app is great ?

12 minutes ago, Bobbieajd said:

The chat feature seems to be good if you check your phone. We aren’t getting notifications when the text comes through and it tends to always show offline for us. But it’s definitely good for checking in with each other. The rest of the app is great ?

Thanks. Others reported the same thing.  Essentially, no Push Notifications so hard to know if you have waiting messages unless you check proactively.

So we are on day three. I’ll get the few negatives out of the way now before I forget because they already feel like a distant memory. ? I was SO scared of a ship this size but it’s been amazing. Well except muster drill. Worst one ever but that’s okay. They play a video that made it feel like it took forever. Our muster station was next to the gangway in front of rising tides bar. It was hot and uncomfortable with three small kids. The littlest fell asleep ? No real lines that we’ve experienced except guest services is always really busy and windjammer is a design mess. Worst windjammer set up we’ve ever seen. The food stations are small and there is not much room to walk. Tables are easy to find though. We’ve been frequenting the park cafe and sorrentos ( kids) instead. 

The crew has been some of the best we’ve ever sailed with. With the exception of the diamond lounge concierge ?she wasn’t pleasant. Adventure ocean staff is amazing. 

We we haven’t been to the dining room yet. 

Suite lounge is SO quiet during the day. Haven’t come up yet at night. Maybe tonight. We FINALLY got the 4 yr old to go to Adventure Ocean so our nights are looking a little more adult focused from this point on ? last night was the first formal night. I was pretty surprised to see pretty much the majority of people dressed similar to when we started cruising about 15 years ago. Might have just been where we were on the ship though ? the captain did a tree lighting at 8pm. It was really cool to experience.

Some random thoughts....

park cafe grilled cheese is way better than the roast beef IMO. 

Champagne bar has great bar servers. So fun and pleasant. 

We’ve met some great people. Passengers are all friendly so far. 

Ship never feels full. Lots of empty pool chairs around.  

Lifeguards are happier than normal ?

Ocean Aria was awesome! 

I’ll type more as I think of it ??

44 minutes ago, Bobbieajd said:

Will do! We just ate at Sabor..... soooooooo good!

I would love the sabor menu and the teen compass.  Enjoyed reading so far... Good to know about the text messages and the poor layout of windjammer!  Can't wait to try park Cafe and with the vegetarian 16 year old I am excited about the grilled cheese!!!  Thanks so much for checking in!  Jane

2 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

I would love the sabor menu and the teen compass.  Enjoyed reading so far... Good to know about the text messages and the poor layout of windjammer!  Can't wait to try park Cafe and with the vegetarian 16 year old I am excited about the grilled cheese!!!  Thanks so much for checking in!  Jane

4 hours ago, kuruczpa said:

What do you mean? lol

We were out of the room from 9am-11:30am. He called at 11:30 when we got back and was ranting about the door not being locked properly, so even though it said “out catching thrills” he thought we were still here and started complaining to us and got really short. I understand it threw his schedule off but it wasn’t on purpose. I told him to just leave the room as is and just give me clean towels ?I really could care less if the beds get put back together or if he vacuumed. Tonight he left us a towel animal so maybe we are friends again.

35 minutes ago, Bobbieajd said:

We were out of the room from 9am-11:30am. He called at 11:30 when we got back and was ranting about the door not being locked properly, so even though it said “out catching thrills” he thought we were still here and started complaining to us and got really short. I understand it threw his schedule off but it wasn’t on purpose. I told him to just leave the room as is and just give me clean towels ?I really could care less if the beds get put back together or if he vacuumed. Tonight he left us a towel animal so maybe we are friends again.

The Trojan horse was really just a wooden towel animal and you saw how that worked out for the Greek-Trojan friendship.  j/k

13 hours ago, Bobbieajd said:

So our room steward suddenly turned into a jerk ??? I guess we didn’t meet HIS “schedule “ today. 

This biggest problem stewards have (not saying you fit into this category) are people being an ass's.  They complain afterwards on the surveys or at guest services (Last Day of cruise) about room not being cleaned, beds not being maid, towels not exchanges or whatever they can find to gripe about in order to justify them getting a discount or not paying gratuities, or whatever freebies that can get.  

The easiest thing to do once on board and you meet your steward is to tell him/her what's expected of them for room service at the beginning of the cruise.  They're not mind readers, thing tend to go soother for both parties in the long run.  Remember they get up early to start their shift and work late evenings..so the only time they get off for there relaxation/breaks are in-between morning & evening duties when all their cabins are done. They do have bad days too.

We did meet with him on the first day. We are in a suite and have three small kids. We book a bigger room so we can actually use the room. We tend to be in the room often but leave long enough for our room steward to have time to take care of things. We aren’t new to cruising... this one puts us at Diamond Plus. I’ve never encountered rudeness before this. I did chalk it up to him having a bad day. I know they do crew drills on the first port day so that adds to their stress. I personally have never removed tips nor would I in any circumstance. I was just pretty uncomfortable with the way he was talking to me. Definitely not very professional. Hopefully today he is having a better day. 

44 minutes ago, mworkman said:

@Bobbieajd if we plan on being in the cabin most of the day...what we do is let them know we will call them when we leave, so he/she can get into the cabin for service.  Sometimes you do run into a cabin steward that is burned out and what you run into was what you described.  Hope all is better.

Thanks ? we are just being extra nice to him. He could have some really difficult personalities in other cabins too. He is definitely on top of maintenance though so that’s good ??

On 12/5/2018 at 11:23 AM, irishgirl0525 said:

I would love to know what, if any craft IPA beers they have on board and where is the best bet to get them. Would love to see a cruise compass now that they are sailing out of Miami and also would love to know what night lobster night is.

Are you going on Eastern Caribbean or Western?

Thanks in advance!

Lobster night is night 6