Where to stay in Miami the night before cruise?

irishgirl0525

Hello! We are 90 days out of our Allure of the Seas sailing in March! We are headed down on March 2nd and I haven't booked a hotel the night before yet. I recently heard a recommendation from Matt on the pod cast but for the life of me I can't remember what episode it was because I have been skipping around so much lately.  Any advice? It is me, my husband and my 5 year old. Don't want to break the bank but it doesn't have to be rock bottom either.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you! I think that wasn't available, I ended up using chase points to book the Hyatt Regency right near the port so it's pretty much in the same area. I should have booked this months ago, I don't know what I was thinking, It's a very popular night in Miami that night and everything was priced so high!

43 minutes ago, irishgirl0525 said:

Thank you! I think that wasn't available, I ended up using chase points to book the Hyatt Regency right near the port so it's pretty much in the same area. I should have booked this months ago, I don't know what I was thinking, It's a very popular night in Miami that night and everything was priced so high!

I booked the Marriott Biscayne Bay for a January 2019 cruise on Allure, it was expensive for one night also, could just be the area.

2 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I booked the Marriott Biscayne Bay for a January 2019 cruise on Allure, it was expensive for one night also, could just be the area.

We were just in that hotel right before our Thanksgiving cruise on NAV.  The hotel itself is a bit old but it was fine.  The best part about our stay was that they put us in the "penthouse" (31st Floor) and the views were incredible.  At first Dan had been a bit annoyed at me for choosing this hotel (he would have preferred something less expensive) but after he saw our balcony and the view, he was blown away.  I think the only reason they put us on 31 was b/c we got there late and I'm thinking everything else was sold out.  LOL  Even the bell hop couldn't believe they had put us up on 31.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami Brickell Downtown last time and found it a nice place to stay and around a lot of restaurants and nightlife. It was about 5 miles to the port and overall not too expensive. i think we paid around $160. The rooms were nice, clean, and quiet. Took a shuttle from the hotel the next morning and was at the port by 1030 and on the ship by 1100. Not too bad at all.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We were just in that hotel right before our Thanksgiving cruise on NAV.  The hotel itself is a bit old but it was fine.  The best part about our stay was that they put us in the "penthouse" (31st Floor) and the views were incredible.  At first Dan had been a bit annoyed at me for choosing this hotel (he would have preferred something less expensive) but after he saw our balcony and the view, he was blown away.  I think the only reason they put us on 31 was b/c we got there late and I'm thinking everything else was sold out.  LOL  Even the bell hop couldn't believe they had put us up on 31.

When I travel I almost always stay in a Marriott or Sheraton so they are like my default.

NJ though will be the Embassy Suites.

Thank you Matt! After reading these raves about the Intercontinental, I went back to see about booking a room there. I can get one, but it's non-refundable and I really don't like booking a non-refundable hotel room, just in case. At least with non-refundable air fare you can use it towards another fare but with hotels I hate taking the chance. I'm going to take my chances that the Hyatt Regency will be a good option for the one night we are there. ?

4 hours ago, irishgirl0525 said:

Thank you Matt! After reading these raves about the Intercontinental, I went back to see about booking a room there. I can get one, but it's non-refundable and I really don't like booking a non-refundable hotel room, just in case. At least with non-refundable air fare you can use it towards another fare but with hotels I hate taking the chance. I'm going to take my chances that the Hyatt Regency will be a good option for the one night we are there. ?

I'm sure the Hyatt is great.  Even the Holiday Inn I stayed at was more than adequate for one night.  It's really a question of what you want to do (if anything) prior to the cruise.