Shore Excursions via RCL in Nassau

SpeedNoodles

Does anyone know if all of the RCL excursions in Nassau meet/leave from the cruise dock? Some of the non-RCL ones do not (which I totally understand), however I'll be traveling alone and I'm not comfortable walking around by myself there, or taking a taxi for any distance to get to a shore excursion. I'm kind of bummed because the only excursion there that I'm really interested in is a non-RCL excursion, and although it says "short walk, map and Smartphone navigation provided", I'm not sure if I'm going to be comfortable with that.

My DW and I took the chocolate factory RC tour in Nassau a few weeks ago. We gathered on the pier at a covered structure just 50 or so feet from the gangplank. After everyone was present and accounted for we walked towards the main port building in Nassau. Before we got to the cruise port pier terminal and all of kiosks and high pressure salespeople, we went through a gate and boarded the RC excursion bus. Avoided the crowds and noisy sales guys completely.

Very easy, a relatively short, flat walk, and we were quickly on our way.

Steven

4 hours ago, stevendom57 said:

My DW and I took the chocolate factory RC tour in Nassau a few weeks ago. We gathered on the pier at a covered structure just 50 or so feet from the gangplank. After everyone was present and accounted for we walked towards the main port building in Nassau. Before we got to the cruise port pier terminal and all of kiosks and high pressure salespeople, we went through a gate and boarded the RC excursion bus. Avoided the crowds and noisy sales guys completely.

Very easy, a relatively short, flat walk, and we were quickly on our way.

Steven

So it looks like I'd have to walk through all of the sales kiosks.  Thanks for the warning. I may opt for staying on the ship...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 5:14 AM, SpeedNoodles said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be concerned about RC excursion.  This one is a birdwatching trip, and is not an RC-sponsored excursion.  I really can't find anything through RC that I find very interesting. 

All I know too it is a birdwatching trip as mentioned by a guy who is after the birds.