Alt Text!

Where are all of Royal Caribbean's cruise ships right now?

In:
16Jul2020
By: 
Matt Hochberg

Ever since Royal Caribbean shut down cruises in March, many cruise fans have wanted to know where the cruise ships are in the world.

Royal Caribbean's 26 ships are spread throughout the world, with many having spent time getting crew members back to their home country.

Royal Caribbean's ships are currently spread out around the world, but "are ready and anxious to come back, and we're making sure that when we have the opportunity to do so, we will be able to do so as quickly as possible," Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Chairman and CEO Richard Fain said.

Information accurate as of July 15, 2020

CocoCay - Anchored off the coast

  • Grandeur of the Seas
  • Adventure of the Seas
  • Navigator of the Seas
  • Mariner of the Seas
  • Brilliance of the Seas
  • Oasis of the Seas

Barbados - Drifting off the coast

  • Rhapsody of the Seas
  • Enchantment of the Seas
  • Vision of the Seas
  • Serenade of the Seas
  • Freedom of the Seas
  • Liberty of the Seas
  • Harmony of the Seas
  • Symphony of the Seas

St. Maarten

  • Independence of the Seas

Southampton, England - Anchored off the coast

  • Empress of the Seas
  • Majesty of the Seas
  • Allure of the Seas

Brest, France - Cruising to

  • Anthem of the Seas

Gibraltar - Drifting off the coast

  • Explorer of the Seas
  • Jewel of the Seas

Hong Kong

  • Radiance of the Seas

Singapore - Anchored off the coast

  • Ovation of the Seas

Manila - Anchored off the coast

  • Voyager of the Seas
  • Quantum of the Seas
  • Spectrum of the Seas

Repatriating crew

While the cruise ship locations are interesting to note, the fate of the crew onboard is something Royal Caribbean has prioritized to ensure they are not only taken care of, but given the opportunity to go home.

In an update with travel agents, Fain explained the hard work it has undertaken to get its crew members home across 120 countries that have different rules and regulations.

While it has been a colossal effort to get crew home, Royal Caribbean has successfully gotten 97% of its crew home, with the remaining 3% making up about 40,000 crew onboard.

"It's been it's been horrific for the crew members who are stuck and haven't been able to get home, and it's been very wrenching for us, to know that and not to be able to solve the problem," Fain said in his webinar. "The people who are remaining are mostly from two countries which have sent severe restrictions on allowing anybody to come into the country, even their own citizens."