Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: February 4, 2018
Happy weekend! We hope you are in the midst of a wonderful weekend full of friends, fun, and plenty of things to do to pass the time between cruises. We have a summary of all of this week's Royal Caribbean news in case you missed any of it!
Royal Caribbean made headlines this week with details of the $90 million refurbishment coming to Mariner of the Seas.
After months of speculation, Royal Caribbean releaved which new features and amenities will be added to Mariner of the Seas when she undergoes a refurbishment later this year.
Guests can look forward to a bungee virtual reality trampoline experience, FlowRider, new specialty restaurants, a Polyensian-themed bar, laser tag, and much more.
Mariner of the Seas will call Miami, Florida home in 2018, and will be the first Voyager Class ship to offer short Caribbean sailings. Mariner of the Seas will offer 3- and 4-night itineraries from PortMiami, beginning on June 21, 2018.
Royal Caribbean News
- Independence of the Seas will also get a virtual reality trampoline experience.
- Royal Caribbean's new Terminal A in PortMiami has reached its highest point of construction.
- Royal Caribbean released a new Symphony of the Seas construction photo update.
- Royal Caribbean provided a construction video update on Spectrum of the Seas.
- Take a sneak peek at the design for Symphony of the Seas' one-of-a-kind suite.
- We shared our top 7 must-do activities on Brilliance of the Seas.
- Take a photo tour of the Royal Suite on Enchantment of the Seas.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
Matt is back from his Brilliance of the Seas 4-night cruise, and shares what he enjoyed about his cruise, as well as reviews of experiences and dining while onboard.
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
The Maritime Executive is reporting Royal Caribbean is pledging to cut back on plastics.
Bloomberg wrote about the secrets of cruise ships after sailing on Harmony of the Seas.
CNBC spoke with Royal Caribbean Cruises Chairman and CEO Richard Fain about its recent better-than-expected earnings report.