A look at the changes to Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas
Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas is back in service after a dry dock refurbishment and she's sailing from Southampton, UK.
The refurbishment took place over six weeks in Cadiz, Spain.
The changes to Explorer of the Seas include:
- Complete refit of the pool deck
- Addition of Flowrider surf simulator
- Addition of 24 new panoramic staterooms
- Addition of 80 virtual balcony staterooms
- New outdoor movie screen by the pool
- Stateroom televisions have been upgraded to flat screen televisions
- New restaurants
- Chops Grille
- Giovanni's Table
- Refit of the main dining room
- Addition of R-Bar
Royal Caribbean’s UK and Ireland managing director Stuart Leven commented, “To all intents and purposes this is a brand spanking new ship operating in the UK market this summer."
Explorer of the Seas began cruising to the Canary islands this week and will make Southampton her home port until the fall, when she will reposition to Australia.