Royal Caribbean to send Grandeur of the Seas for five-week renovation
Royal Caribbean is planning on sending Grandeur of the Seas for a five-week upgrade that will cost $48 million to the Navantia ship yards in Cadiz, Spain.
The changes coming to Grandeur of the Seas include
- technological upgrades
- new entertainment offerings
- a new Diamond Lounge for Crown & Anchor Society loyalty guests
- a Concierge Lounge for suite guests and top-tier loyalty guests
- a transformed Viking Crown Lounge
- an overall refreshment of furniture, carpet, upholstery and staterooms
- new dining venues including
- Addition of Royal Babies and Tots Nursery for children ages 36 months to six years old
- Ship-wide WiFi
- Outdoor video screen overlooking the pool deck
The renovation is part of Royal Caribbean's planned fleet revitalization and is the third of six Vision-class ships that will be fully renovated.
Grandeur of the Seas will finish its refurbishment on May 31, at which point she will embark upon an 11-night Mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona, Spain.